Skip to main content

Demolition: Assets Filling Station Boss loses Over N1billion




 

The General Manager, Assets Oil and Gas, Ojoo in Ibadan, Okediji Adekunle on Wednesday said the owner of the company lost over 1 Billion Naira to the unjustifiable demolition of the filling station.

He said the chairman of the demolished station has been hospitalised as a result of the debt he incurred.

Assets Oil and Gas, Ojoo was demolished by the state government for allegedly contravening environmental and planing law of the state.

He noted that the company secured all the necessary documents from the federal and state governments, as well as the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).

According to him, the company had approached the court to stop government from further demolition of the structure but the government was adamant.

Narrating the Genesis of the crisis, Adekunle said; “We acquired that land through the federal government because the land belongs to the Federal Government. We have all the papers for the land. As expected, we approached the state government for approval before we started the construction. The state government granted our request for filling station to be sited on that land and we proceeded.

“After the construction, we began operation in October 2018. Since then, people were applauding the filling station for its aesthetic value in that bus stop and its illumination at night. We operate 24/7 even at midnight. Our security architecture was superb. But last year, the state government through the ministry of lands visited us and informed us that we have contravened environmental law despite our CofO. We appealed to them but they were adamant.

“Despite the fact that we have all the requirements, they decided to seal up to station. We appeal to the Oyo state government to pity us. Before the station was sealed, we have up to 70 workers earning their income through the station. Those people are jobless today.

“Again two days ago, they came to demolish the other part of the structure. They have destroyed all the goods in our supermarkets. They have destroyed products worth billion of Naira there. We have taken steps to ensure that we stop the state government from demolishing the structure but they have started destroying it. Our going to court was not to foment trouble but to maintain peace.  We have approached political leaders in Ibadan land to appeal to him but yet, we are they are still demolishing it. We have petroleum products in all our tanks. We appeal to the governor to stop further demolition of the structure.”

The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Seyi Makinde, Taiwo Adisa said the demolition was not sentimental because the structure was overriding public interest.

Adisa said government had written letter to owners of the affected properties before the demolition, but the Assets oil and gas did not take it serious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking: Lagos senator, Adebayo Osinowo, dies at 64

The National Assembly, Adebayo Osinowo popularly known as ‘Pepperito’ is dead. He was said to have died on Monday after a brief illness at the age of 64. Before moving to the National Assembly, Osinowo was a four-time member of the Lagos State House of Assembly.

All TESCOM Applicants to update their Records- Oyo Govt. (Check date)

   Oyo state government has directed all applicants who applied for the Teaching Service Commission jobs to visit the website and upload the details of their credentials and personal data.   Mrs.  Grace Olabisi Oderinde, Permanent Secretary, Oyo State Post Primary Schools Service Commission (TESCOM) state this in a released post on social media on Thursday.  The exercise is for those who have obtained and submitted application forms in the on-going recruitment exercise. They are expected to do so between Monday, 13th and Saturday 18th July, 2020 for further processing of their applications. “Please note that ONLY applicants who have already filled and submitted the application forms are eligible for this exercise. “We hereby enjoin all applicants to take note of this development, as failure to comply will lead to forfeiture of such application,” the announcement reads.

Federal Government Increase petrol price to N143.80 per litre

The Federal Government has announced a new pump price for premium motor spirit (PMS). The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has announced that the new pump price of petrol is between N140.80-N143.80 per litre. Nigerians might witness another hike in retail price for petrol as the Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has recommended an upward review from N121.50. The agency recommended that a litre of petrol should now be sold between N140.80 and N143.80. The Cable reports that the agency in a statement wrote:  “After a review of the prevailing market fundamentals in the month of June and considering marketers’ realistic operating costs, as much as practicable, we wish to advise a new PMS pump price band of N140.80 – N143.80/litre for the month of July 2020.”

Malami Always Interfered With Our Investigation - Magu

Suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has taken a swipe at Nigeria's Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, accusing him of always interfering with the agency's investigations and working with others to strip it of its statutory powers. Magu in a 44-page document titled “RD: Alleged Case Of Conspiracy Enrichment Abuse Of Public Office And Other Infractions” written to the Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential panel investigating allegations of corruption against him, said that the complaints against him were fabricated and targeted at tarnishing his image and the credibility of the EFCC. The 58-year-old, who was  released on Wednesday  after 10 days in detention following  his arrest  by a combined team of Department of State Services and policemen in Abuja on July 6 to answer questions from the panel, said that the entire saga was a well-orchestrated plot by his traducers to rubbish him for exposin...